• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ripped off over the internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jsmaxwell

Agreed to purchase merchandise from vendor over the internet. We talked via phone an agreed on price and shipping. I sent mercahnt a credit card check to pay for merchandise and requested a 24 hr period to evaluate if I wanted to keep the merchandise. The merchant refused to sell me the merchandise if I wanted time to look the article over. I asked for a refund of my check. Merchant refused. What are my options, civil and/or criminal? Credit card company states that I have no rights through them to assisit me in recovering the cash.Merchant is in maine, I am in michigan.

[This message has been edited by jsmaxwell (edited October 31, 2000).]

K

keeshy2

If by credit card check you mean the convenience checks they send occasionally, call the credit card company & tell them what happened. They can deal with it for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">