• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Capital Raising

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hummer111

State VA:
First let me say thank you for providing this service to us! I know you cannot give specific legal advice so here is a hypothetical situation. OK Here is my question.
Suppose the ABC Corp. goes around soliciting private citizens. The goal of this solicitation is to get "equity loans" (for lack of a better term) For example- If the person had a 100K annuity they would sign a contract allowing the ABC Corp. to use it as collateral for obtaining a secured commercial loan. They would of course be paid a set amount of interest for this. Would this be considered the sale of a security? One the one hand the company is paying a return, but on the other hand they are just soliciting loans like every company does. If it is a sale of securities, what would need to be filed to make such a transaction legal?

Thank you so much for your help and wisdom.

ALawyer

It would clearly seem to be a solicitation by thee Company of an offer for the sale of securities, and registration under Federal Securities Laws and the State Blue Sky Law may well be required. This sounds like it is preying on seniors and that is scary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">