• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Management

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssathome13

i am a property manager in virginia. i would like to break away from the person i am working for but i don't have a real estate license. i already have my own home business and would like to do property management by myself. do i need a real estate license to do property management on my own?

HomeGuru

ssathome13 said:
i am a property manager in virginia. i would like to break away from the person i am working for but i don't have a real estate license. i already have my own home business and would like to do property management by myself. do i need a real estate license to do property management on my own?
My response: Of course you do. You should already know that since you are already in the business and must know real estate licensing and landlord tenant laws. In fact, you may be already in violation since you are a property manager doing real estate management without a State real estate license.

Leem1

To start a Property Management business one should require license and should be know landlord tenant laws & property management terms.

quincy

Welcome to the forum, Leem.

You joined just so you could revive an 11 year old thread and repeat what HomeGuru said (except not quite so eloquently)?

Good job.

keyshawn

Selecting a property management company is a slightly more difficult task. Not only are professional property managers experts at handling properties and tenants, they generally take only a small percentage of your property's monthly rent in exchange for their services.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Selecting a property management company is a slightly more difficult task. Not only are professional property managers experts at handling properties and tenants, they generally take only a small percentage of your property's monthly rent in exchange for their services.
Ooops, here it is!

Please don't necropost. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">