• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private school rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maryfr

My son goes to private catholic school. I hosted a pampered chef party at my house saturday night where about 20 parents and only one child age 14 attended and they were talking about the school and certain code violations like occupancy in the lunch room and health violations in lunch room. one of the parents said she was going to call anonymously the fire marshall & health inspector. Well apparently some one did call both places and the school was in violation and changes have to be made. Well to say the least the principal is very upset about this and found out about the party and now wants to take action. My question is can she expel my son from school (for hosting this party and allowing the conversation) what action can i take if any from preventing this. doe it matter that it is a catholic school. I look forward to your response.

N

Nonami

I would start by checking the admissions paperwork to see what agreements between the school are stated or implied.

Were these problems ever brought to the attention of the school before the call the the Fire Marshall/Inspectors?

M

maryfr

The principal was notified by several parents of the concerns of over capacity. Her response was we are not changing lunch times of the chidlren. As for any agreements between the families, the school has a code of conduct that the parents and child sign. Basically it is very broad and says that we are raising our children in a christian environment and to promote chrisitianity. There is something in the code of conduct that says the school will not stand for the children to gather and disparage the school or the teachers but no course of action stated.

D

dst

School are governed by state law, so I don't know about your state. Generally speaking, private schools are private. They have more freedom than public schools do. However, please be aware that the city/state may have a "whistleblower" law. If they kick your kid out of school because you filed a complaint regarding health and safety (or they think you filed a complaint) they may be legally liable for retalitation.

DT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">