• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wondering if I was taken in wrongfully

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RJB

I was pulled over in Costa Mesa, CA for following to closely. After the officer asked me a few questions about where I was coming from (a bar where a friend was DJing) she asked me to step out of my car so she could do some sobriety tests. I had had three 12 oz beers in the 4 hours I was there that night and the last one I had was a little over an hour before I left. After she finished with the sobriety tests another car with another officer pulled up and the new officer began to give me the same tests. After she finished yet another car pulled up and 2 officer got out and proceeded to give me the same tests (with the addition of a few new ones). After a total of about 30 to 40 minutes of tests in which I did not stumble, trip, fall, or anything they told me they were going to give me a breathelizer test. It was given to me twice, but the second time I was told to blow very hard until they told me to stop. I almost ran out of breath. I asked what I blew but they did not answer, but proceeded to handcuff me and put me in the back of the squad car and I was not read my rights either. I was given the choice of being given another breathelizer at the station or a blood test. I chose the blood test. After about 7 hours at the station I was bailed out. As I left I asked the officer on duty if there was a way I could find out what the results of the breathelizer I had taken the previous night was. He answered saying that they do not go by what their breathelizers say because they are not exactly accurate. I am wondering if I have any case here.

Last edited:

H

Humble Warrior

RJB said:
I was pulled over in Costa Mesa, CA for following to closely. After the officer asked me a few questions about where I was coming from (a bar where a friend was DJing) she asked me to step out of my car so she could do some sobriety tests. I had had three 12 oz beers in the 4 hours I was there that night and the last one I had was a little over an hour before I left. After she finished with the sobriety tests another car with another officer pulled up and the new officer began to give me the same tests. After she finished yet another car pulled up and 2 officer got out and proceeded to give me the same tests (with the addition of a few new ones). After a total of about 30 to 40 minutes of tests in which I did not stumble, trip, fall, or anything they told me they were going to give me a breathelizer test. It was given to me twice, but the second time I was told to blow very hard until they told me to stop. I almost ran out of breath. I asked what I blew but they did not answer, but proceeded to handcuff me and put me in the back of the squad car and I was not read my rights either. I was given the choice of being given another breathelizer at the station or a blood test. I chose the blood test. After about 7 hours at the station I was bailed out. As I left I asked the officer on duty if there was a way I could find out what the results of the breathelizer I had taken the previous night was. He answered saying that they do not go by what their breathelizers say because they are not exactly accurate. I am wondering if I have any case here.

Unless you were actually charged,nothing happened,they just detained you(legally) and you had a bad night. Nothing you can do about it. Welcome to America!!

F

FKNA

So very freaking true, Welcome to America. If you weren't charged with anything......put it behind you and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">