• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-Commerce Contest- Where's My Winnings!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trojan3

Hi-

I sure hope someone can help me on this matter.

Approximately 3 months ago, I have won a total of $7,500 on this one web site. It was a site where you go in and review web sites and if you review the most for that week, you win $$. Well, so far, I have only received $500 of this winning. I have called them and they said that they don't know when they can issue me a check for the other $7,000 of my winnings, but keep waiting. Is there any way I can sue this company? Acccording to the paper works I've signed. It said that once they receive my information, they will send out my winnings.

What way can I get this company to pay up? Fly across the nation and arrive at their front door? Can I legally sue (fraud, breach of contract or something- what's out there?) eventhough they are an internet company?

Please offer me your opinions (any). As you might know, I'm really frustrated and upset.

Thanks in advance!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

See an attorney in your state and have them check the laws of the state where the company is incorporated, as well.

If you have such written paperwork, and have received some of your winnings, this means:

1) they acknowledge you are owed money
2) they owe you money
3) if they don't pay....you have a breach/outstanding debt owed to you, so you sue.

Perhaps a letter from an attorney will be better --more official, etc.

ALawyer

You may be dealing with a cashless dot com --there are lots of them out there now that the market has collapsed.

If you sue them and they remain in business, you may stand a chance to collect.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">