• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reply to HomeGuru

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Silverspurt

HomeGuru you need to read it slower. My jerky is NOT sold to general public. Only to friends I've known the last 6 years, for their own consumption. In order to sell it to the public, jerky has to be made in a licensed facility and a USDA sticker has to be on package. I'm not doing this. So do you have another answer? Thank you.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverspurt:
HomeGuru you need to read it slower. My jerky is NOT sold to general public. Only to friends I've known the last 6 years, for their own consumption. In order to sell it to the public, jerky has to be made in a licensed facility and a USDA sticker has to be on package. I'm not doing this. So do you have another answer? Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your beef jerky?
Oh, you say I need to read a little slower. If I did, I would probaby have no time to get to your post. You need to read the forum BB instructions, say for example what is noted in red above. Anything to do with posting your state? Since you did not post your State, I have no idea what the specifc applicable laws are that apply in your case. Therefore my response was solely based on general common law and my knowledge of State laws in some States. In the States that I am aware of that are applicable in your case, the State Health Dept. considers the sale of food products to anyone as a public sale. In other words even if you make the jerky and sell to your limited circle of friends as a favor, the State would consider the transaction a sale to the public. If you did not sell the food and gave it away as a gift for friend consumption only, then the law is not applicable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">