• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporation to protect personal assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rtwins

Working as a sales rep I was told I would not be paid commisions on my sales so I quit and kept the product samples until paid.
Now I have been threatend with a claim on my personal assets.
My questions are: If I incorporate can I protect my assets and what is the timeline(can I file for corporation or will it need to be finalized before I am taken to court)
Colorado

R

rtwins

HomeGuru said:
You stole the store goods. Incorporating will not help you.
HomeGuru
I dont think you get the picture.
I was provided samples to make sales which I made over $20k in sales with them. The value of the samples when new would be maybe $2k my promised commisions would be $3k.
The value of the samples in used condition is no more than $1.5k.
So why do you say I stole them when they seem to have cost me $3k?
I have never stole anything and I am asking for legal advise not about the opinion of someone who calls me names.
Besides , you did not answer the question at all.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

rtwins said:

HomeGuru
I dont think you get the picture.
I was provided samples to make sales which I made over $20k in sales with them. The value of the samples when new would be maybe $2k my promised commisions would be $3k.
The value of the samples in used condition is no more than $1.5k.
So why do you say I stole them when they seem to have cost me $3k?
I have never stole anything and I am asking for legal advise not about the opinion of someone who calls me names.
Besides , you did not answer the question at all.
My response:
1) the samples were the property of your company.
2) I gave you legal advice. I repeat; incorporating will not help you. I did not give you legal advise.
3) I did not call you any names.
4) I did answer your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">