• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rich Winchell

Trying to collect expenses from previous
employer. Place of business is in same
county but the corporate office is diff.
state. Expenses were for travel i.e mileage
and Airfare. So technically not in same
county either. Can I file claim with store
in my county or must I do it in county of
Coporate office ?? Thank You very much for
Any advice !

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Either, but the corporate office would be the better route to make sure things aren't lost. I.e. usually corporate office handles such business matters. Even if they don't, corporate office is made up of higher ups who don't need a red tape line of approvals before it is taken care of.

JETX

With all due respect to 'Lawrat', I would suggest that you sue in your local court. This would be much easier on you and wouldn't require additional expense and travel (even to the 'next' county). Especially if your immediate supervisor and/or people with factual knowledge are nearby. Any risk of lost paperwork, etc. is the responsiblity of the defendant.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

L

lawrat

Halket is correct if you are suing. The venue would be more efficient and easier for you closer to your home.

HOWEVER, if you want to merely speak with them and try to get this resolved without court expenses, then speaking directly with corporate office would be easier.

R

Rich Winchell

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Either, but the corporate office would be the better route to make sure things aren't lost. I.e. usually corporate office handles such business matters. Even if they don't, corporate office is made up of higher ups who don't need a red tape line of approvals before it is taken care of.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">