• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gaudianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

StacyLignell

I live in California. My daughter who is 6 years old lives in Indiana with her dad for the time being. I signed papers for my daughters grandmother to have legal gaurdianship of my daughter. This was done with the intent that my daughter would be able to obtain insurance benefits from my mother in laws place of work. There was no other purpose for the legal gaurdianship other than medical benefits.

My ex husband and I have had a couple of arguments over time sharing with our daughter and whatnot. Its normally nothing big and we always work it out but when I get frustrated and tell my ex-husband I could renig and gather my daughter up to live with me instead, he brings up the legal gaurdianship his mother has over my daughter.

Does this gaurdianship take away my rights as a parent to have my daughter live with me or to make decisions for her best interests? I am just tired of her father hanging that over my head like a weapon. I need to know if I have the legal right to gather my daughter up and move her back in with me at anytime or if I have to go through a legal process in order to do so?

Thank you in advance

Stacy Lignell

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">