• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Schools/ Can they not allow students to finish high school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cherfluet2

In California the Alhambra School District accused my then 15 year old son with sexual harrassment. When my lawyer and my family attended this " kangaroo hearing," their only witness was a Chinese student , who claimed that he had "touched"
her. On questioning her my lawyer was told by her that he touched her for 20 feet away, and that there were approximately 150 - 200 students between her and my son.
I know that these accusations were trumped up, and that the harrassment was on the part of the teachers, and the upper school management to MY family.
What can I now do when it is 5 years later and my son was never allowed to return to school. They gave me the name of a COURT school. When I tried to enroll my son I was told that ONLY A COURT COULD SEND HIM THERE>
I am still mad and I want some help to resolve this . I want to Sue the district but I do not know if there is still time or not.
I have been the breadwinner for the past 8 years and I do not have alot of money. My husband is disabled with a heart block and just because I did not tell the school all of my business does not mean that they can take away my son's God given right to attend school. He is an AMERICAN and was born here, that's more than what most of the students that attended the Calif. schools can say. Yet they seemed to have mored rights.
Please tell me what I can help my son do, I am Still very bitter :confused:

B

bluebird87

It may be a right to attend school, but where you attend school is the issue. It is also not a god given right. It is also not a right to attend a public school, they make their own rules and if you arent happy with them you can pay for a private school, go into an alternative school, homeschool, online schooling, or dropout.

D

dorenephilpot

Counseling, not legal action, will help you get over your bitterness on this issue.

It's time to move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">