• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Newman

I recently made a purchase from Buy.com for a clearence item for $270, normally $400. I placed the order, received and printed out a receipt. 5 days later, I call to inquire about the status of the order, they said that the order did not get to the warehouse, the product inventory ran out and they are unable to fulfill my order. They are willing to give me a $50 credit to the store, but I cannot get the product I had ordered because they will not carry it anymore. I told them I'd sue on breach of contract and they told me that on the Clearence page it states that I can't, but I could not find such a statement.
Do I have a case against them, and if isn't breach of contract, what is it?

ALawyer

If the terms are on the page or it is linked before you press "BUY" they govern. But get real, you are not going to sue. Complain to the BBB, rant on feedback sites, or be greatful you have a $50 credit.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">