• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promise Of Marriage- Openly And Publicly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sammy wight

I HAVE BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP FOR THE PAST NINE MONTHS WITH A MARRIED WOMAN. SHE HAS GIVEN ME WRITTEN DOCUMENTATION, PROMISING TO DIVORCE HER HUSBAND AND MARRY ME. SHE PROMISED MY TWO CHILDREN THE SAME. SHE OPENLY IN HER NURSING PROFESSION TOLD EVERYONE THAT SHE AND I WOULD BE MARRIED AND THAT SHE WAS IN THE PROCESS OF LEAVING HER HUSBAND. SHE DID NOT FULFILL THAT PROMISE AS IT IS WRITTEN, AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN LEGALLY PURSUE ACTION AGAINST HER. SHE HAS CAUSED ME SEVERE PERSONAL PROBLEMS, FOR WHICH I AM IN PSYCHIATRIC COUNSELING FOR NOW. SHE COST ME MY POSITION AT THE HOSPITAL WHERE WE WORKED TOGETHER, I WAS FORCED TO MOVE INTO ANOTHER TOWN, AND THE LIST GOES ON.....THIS WOMAN HAS NEARLY RUINED MY LIFE. SHE IS IN NEED OF MENTAL THERAPY FOR A BEHAVIOR DISORDER, AND WILL NOT SEEK HELP. SHE IS NOW PURSUING LEGAL AID FOR "HARRASSMENT" AGAINST ME FOR TRYING TO HELP HER STOP HER DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR AND SEEK HELP. I NEED ADVICE FROM AN ATTORNEY FOR WHETHER I CAN PURSUE ACTION, BASED ON THE PROMISES SHE MADE, AND THE LETHAL LIES SHE TOLD.

D

dorenephilpot

What would be the point of all that?

You need to move on, get yourself emotionally and mentally healthy, then you might be ready for another relationship at some point in the future.

If you are contacting her after she has asked you to stop, you are stalking her. Stop it. If you don't, she'll get a restraining order (if she hasn't already). If you contact her again, it's likely you'll end up prosecuted criminally.

I know it's hard to accept, but the relationship is over. Let it be.

Best of luck to you.

LegalBeagle

She did not ruin your life.. you allowed her to walk all over you and at no point did you sit up and realize that something was wrong. You allowed one thing after another to happen to you. As Dorene says, you have no choice but to move on and learn from this experience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">