• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rotnbird

I have an idea on how to put "safe" back into Halloween, how do I go about telling the candy companies? Do I need a lawyer to protect my idea? Will I or should I recieve any money from my idea? Thanks for your time in advance.

[This message has been edited by rotnbird (edited November 01, 2000).]

H

hannah jo

If you question whether your idea has any value - you need to meet with a Business Attorney to find out! You need to explore what the idea is - and if it would have any value to the companies that you are intend to market the idea to. Not all "good" ideas have value to a company.

You can check interest by locating the home office of the company and contacting them to see if they would be interested in discussing the topic with you without disclosing your idea upfront. You can gauge by the responses you get if there is or is not interest - which can help you determine if the idea has any value.

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">