• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alabama, bank auto loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betkev

On May 8 an automatic loan payment came due on a truck loan. On that day the bank stated I did not have enough in the account to cover payment, and reverced charges, on May 9 according to a "Loan payment record" provided to my by the bank, the bank reprocessed the automatic loan payment and was recorded as a payment. On May 23 I went to a local branch and asked for the paid off balance. The loan officer gave me the pay off balance that agreed with my figures. I then payed off the loan that day. Bank mailed me the title. On September 26 the bank reopened the loan and and billed my account for another automatic withdrawl payment, no noticification was sent ot me, just the amount withdrawn when my statement arrived. When I asked what the charge was for, the bank's position is that the May 9 payment was never made, even though their records provided to me shows it was. They have another record from my account that they claim shows money was not withdrawn from my account. According to my account balance there was $ 500.00 I deposited into that account the bank never posted.

I've got the title and sold the truck.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

H

hannah jo

You mention that you have records of the second attempt to collect the funds against your account - any chance the second attempt was later reversed for insufficient funds as well?

Also, you mention a "missing" $500 deposit - but do not say when this supposedly occurred or when you first notice this sum of money missing. Hopefully there was not the May - September gap here too.

Have you gone back and reviewed your monthly statements in detail each month? Certainly this would give a good picture of what happened in your account, in withdrawals and deposits. If so, check again - you may find answers or be able to show proof to support your claims.

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">