• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mental abuse and harrassment by sibling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blondie1dj

I live in the state of North Carolina. I have a serious problem with my sister. A few weeks ago she went as far as sending me 3 very nasty emails so I reported her to her isp, and they stopped. Now she is calling my friends and my stepchilds mother telling her outrageous stories about me. She has called my stepdaughters grandmother and told her some really wild things that I'm even ashame to type. She has even went as far as calling my husband and pretending to be someone he met on a golfing trip in took back in April of this year. You just would not believe to the extent she has gone. I really don't understand why she is so against me. But I can't take it anymore. I have been married 8 years, my stepdaughter lives with her father and I. We have a very close relationship with her mom. Thank God she did not believe any of the terrible things she told her about me and how I treat my stepdaughter. This is a few of many things she has done to me within the last three months. At this point I feel I have no other choice but to take some type of legal action against her. And yes I have witnesses that will be more than glad to testify to the crazy things she tells on me. I have not spoken to her since all of this starter because I am trying to avoid a bad situation turning into a nightmare. I am a bit frightened of her at this point. I realize I could possibly take out a restraining order, but that will not stop the mental abuse she is committing against me. Can anyone please help me and advise me, is there any thing legally I can do to perhaps stop her accusations and and spreading terrible untrue rumors about me. I realize people that know me on a personal level don't believe any of it but it is causing myself, my stepdaughter, and my husband embrassment, and I feel this is a type of mental abuse, my stepdaughter is 12 and gets very upset about the lies, she can't understand why, nor can I. Can anyone advise me what to do other than to turn the other cheek, which I have done so far. But how much can one person take?, I continue to ask myself this. Please help if you can and will. Thanking any and all in advice.

Blondie1dj:(

D

dorenephilpot

Get your patootie to the prosecutor's office and get a restraining order against her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">