• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal guarentee contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anthony james

I signed a sign rental contract in mar.97
and closed shop mar.98 Contract was a monthly
payment for three yrs. I called sign co. to
come and pick up sign in mar.98 and they said ok. that was the last i heard from them. A
year and a half later they started asking for the full amount.It went to collection and I refuse to pay because they got the sign back.Now they are suing me for the balance and they have had the sign since mar.98
They are saying because I personally guarenteed payment that I have to pay the balance of the contract.If I have to pay, am I entitled the sign back.Really I don't want the sign but, If I had to pay, could I demand the sign before I pay. thanks for any advice antjam

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

What do you mean you personally guaranteed payment?

The way I see it is you would pay if you had the sign. You had them take the sign back hence ending the contract.

I would need to see the terms of the contract to give a definitive answer.

BUt, do this:

Read the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act) at the following website: http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">