• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce estate sale can husband do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Very confused29

michigan is where i live. i have recently filed for divorce. my husband just said he was leaving and left my child and myself. My mother also lives with us. what I want to know is this my husband said I could live in the house we where currently buying and now he says he can have an estate sale. Can he do this? is there anything I can do to stop this? and what does this consist of.I know nothing about estate sale.please ,please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Very confused29 said:
michigan is where i live. i have recently filed for divorce. my husband just said he was leaving and left my child and myself. My mother also lives with us. what I want to know is this my husband said I could live in the house we where currently buying and now he says he can have an estate sale. Can he do this? is there anything I can do to stop this? and what does this consist of.I know nothing about estate sale.please ,please help.

My response:

Your husband is full of crap.

Until a judge renders an order to do anything, all marital estate items - - furniture, bank accounts, sale of real estate, etc., etc., remain just as they were at the time of your filing.

I would strongly suggest that you obtain the advice of an attorney near to you for instructions and advice concerning stopping your husband from just coming into the home to start holding a "garage sale".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">