• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

C

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trohrs123

I am a physical therapist who was hired in April 2000 to be director of a private practice. I signed an employment contract which outlined salary, benefits, days off etc. Th covenent not to compete restricts me to 2 years and 4 miles from the owner's 2 current locations and any future, as yet not opened facilities. Is this restriction legal for facilities not yet opened? If not does it void the covenent? Also, part of the contract allows for continuing education each year, with the stipulation that I get to pick the first course and the second is with his approval. I submitted for approval a course I wanted to go to and was denied because he wanted me to accompany him to a national physical therapist conferance out of state. Does his violating his own contract void the contract? Thanks. Tim

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">