• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refunds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tim Liess

State of Indiana. I am an artist. On August 31 of this year, I sold four originial paintings for a total of $5000.00. The paintings were sold on the condition that I would frame them to match their home decor. It has taken three weeks to get the special framing, which they were aware of the fact it may take this long since it was from out of country. I then had a serious back injury that leaded to medical attention. I was disabled for two weeks. I contacted them on Sept 30 and explained that I was temporarily injured, but I was working on getting them done as soon as possible. He understood and was anxious to get the paintings. On October 18th, I received a phone call stating that the couple is seperating and since they haven't gotten their paintings they want a full refund. The paintings are ready to be delivered. I am financially unable to give them a refund. My question is, Am I legally bound to give them a refund or can I make them accept the product that they custom ordered? Thank You.

HomeGuru

How did you sell the artwork ie through internet, community art sale, your retail store, ebay etc.? It appears that you may be liable to give a refund but may want to negotiate say each party selects 2 pieces.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">