• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left stranded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meowkitty30

Left stranded; PLEASE advise

My fiance purchased a vehicle and presented it to me as a birthday present. Since then, he has ended our relationship and wants the vehicle back. Am I entitled in any way to maintain possession of the vehicle considering the fact it was a gift? I have offered to contribute to 1/2 of the monthly payments. The vehicle is registered in his name but insured in mine. I live in California. Please help!:confused:

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Left stranded; PLEASE advise

meowkitty30 said:
My fiance purchased a vehicle and presented it to me as a birthday present. Since then, he has ended our relationship and wants the vehicle back. Am I entitled in any way to maintain possession of the vehicle considering the fact it was a gift? I have offered to contribute to 1/2 of the monthly payments. I live in California. Please help!:confused:
My response:

In whose name is the vehicle registered ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">