• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

investment fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m brooks

Earlier this year, my husband invested a substantial amount of money with a aquaintance from Winnepeg, Manitoba, Canada. They drew up an informal contract stating that the initial investment plus a profit and any interest accumulated on the account the money was drawn on would be paid back to my husband on September 15, 2000. Since this time, we have received no money from this man, only excuses as to why he has not sent us any of the funds. We are at the end of our rope and would like some advice as to how to collect on this debt. The hand written contract was signed by both my husband and the other fellow. He does live in Canada which poses another problem. What country do we need to proceed in as far as any legal action. The initial deal was made here in the states. Is there anything we can do to get our money back? Please reply.

M

m brooks

I forgot to add that we reside in North Dakota, if this will help in getting a more specific response.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">