• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gift rights PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meowkitty30

Do I have the right to maintain possession of a vehicle that was given to me as a gift? My ex fiance bought a truck for me for my birthday and now wants me to return it. I put up my past car for a down payment and therefore I would be left without any form of transportation. I have suggested that since it was A GIFT, we split the payments. Is there anything I can do? Do I have any rights in this kind of situation? Please, all help or suggestions are welcomed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

meowkitty30 said:
Do I have the right to maintain possession of a vehicle that was given to me as a gift? My ex fiance bought a truck for me for my birthday and now wants me to return it. I put up my past car for a down payment and therefore I would be left without any form of transportation. I have suggested that since it was A GIFT, we split the payments. Is there anything I can do? Do I have any rights in this kind of situation? Please, all help or suggestions are welcomed.

My response:

Instead of re-posting the same or similar question, how about answering my question in your original post ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">