• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sak780

The plot thickens....In any earlier post I stated that my eldest sister has my mother's power of attorney. She has not informed my other two sisters or myself of any of our Mother's finances. She has placed her in a nursing home and my mother's condition has deteriated in less than 2 months. My sister refuses to move her to another home that my sisters and I have requested.My mother is of sound mind. She wants to make the move. She is presently in a alzhiemer's unit and the other patients are incoherrient. There is no socialization possible.
one of my questions was can she revoke this power of attorney?.
Now....
We have discovered through the help of an advocate that my sister has placed her in the nursing home under medicade. It seems my mother is now penniless. My sister has had power of attorney since 1994. I believe she has hidden My mother's money in some form. My mother had a considerable amount of assets. We are seeking council.
What do you think can be done to help my mother?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">