• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eddiek

Well there's no way to really go deep in to this, but I assure it would make some of you sick...I was approached by a "Business man" about one year ago, about an Internet project, I'm a web developer(who was out of work at the time) I dove in to this head first and for the last year I worked my but off to create a "web company"
my partner in the other hand who is a "Venture Capitalist" has made a lot of bad mistakes, like using allot of the company money for personal reasons(like buying a brand new Jag, and ridiculous amounts of money), and then firing my staff claiming that there is no money for payroll.
After checking further in to his background I found that this guy is known for pumping and dumping companies...
Now here comes the catch, we caught it earlier enough to where the problem can be fixed, but now our problem becomes him...he owns 12 million shares of stock while I own 8 million, this is a VC funded base so now stock holders hold some, and the rest of the stocks belongs to the company.
also as little more info, because he knew of his bad passed he did not make himself anything in the company besides a consultant, and I am the president.

Now the question is, since he owns more stock then me, can he go in and fire me, even though he is not an officer of the company?

I honestly need some help quick for I have to deal with this in the morning...
oh yes today in a meeting he physically attacked me in front of the other staff and the police had to be called.
thanks in advance
Eddie Karam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">