• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ATM Deposit Reversed by Bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pacific

Wells Fargo Bank notified me that they were unable to locate an ATM Deposit I made on 09/05/00 for $3,100. (Deposit included Cash/ Travelers Cks) Travelers cks are from banks in Japan, so I am unable to obtain copies if they were returned to issuer.Bank stated they would reverse the deposit from my account unless I could furnish them with the front and back of cancelled checks deposited. (no checks were deposited)
On 10/30/00 the bank reversed the deposit from my account.What recourse do I have? Can I take them to small claims court or ?????
Can't they look at film and see envelope being put into the machine. Where is the envelope??? The just say they can't locate it. Please help, this is a lot of money to me.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

That is why you NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER deposit traveler's checks and CASH into an ATM. Go directly to a teller!

Do you have the original deposit receipt? Did you receive a letter stating the amount was incorrect?

That deposit receipt will go a long way BUT your argument about the videotape of the envelope: anybody can stick an empty envelope into an ATM machine and say they are depositing money. So get rid of this argument.

You are unfortunately going to have to dig this up.

Perhaps your old traveler's check book showing what you actually spent (i.e. other cancelled checks which leaves the absence of a few being the ones you deposited).

Small claims court won't do it. You need to get a lawyer if they still don't credit you. This might be in violation of certain FDIC rules and regulations for what they did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">