• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be sought after for money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laurar

I am throwing a private party in December and have asked a few dj's to come as entertainment. They were all told up front that there would be no money paid to them for this and they all agreed to come and perform. One of them did not respond back to me for several weeks and I thought he had lost interest so I decided to replace him with someone else. He finally gets back to me this past week saying that he was away taking care of a sick family member. He said he was upset that he was being replaced and if I do so he will send his agent after me and his agent may seek "lost money" from me. He told me that his agent can do that since he turned down other events that night where he could have been paid. Can he do this? There were no signed papers of any kind by him or any of the other dj's. The only communication I have had with them is through email. The email specifically states that I could not guarentee compensation for their performance, and it gives the date, time, and location of the party. Do I HAVE to let this guy come now that he has threatened me? Can he come after me for "lost money"? Please HELP!!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laurar:
I am throwing a private party in December and have asked a few dj's to come as entertainment. They were all told up front that there would be no money paid to them for this and they all agreed to come and perform. One of them did not respond back to me for several weeks and I thought he had lost interest so I decided to replace him with someone else. He finally gets back to me this past week saying that he was away taking care of a sick family member. He said he was upset that he was being replaced and if I do so he will send his agent after me and his agent may seek "lost money" from me. He told me that his agent can do that since he turned down other events that night where he could have been paid. Can he do this? There were no signed papers of any kind by him or any of the other dj's. The only communication I have had with them is through email. The email specifically states that I could not guarentee compensation for their performance, and it gives the date, time, and location of the party. Do I HAVE to let this guy come now that he has threatened me? Can he come after me for "lost money"? Please HELP!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell him to spin someone else's records. Read: chuck you farley.
You do not owe him anything and if he keeps it up you will file harassment charges against his sorry ass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">