• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I breach contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michele7

I was a consultant for a direct sales co about 1 yr ago. I am now trying to sell my leftover inventory via internet and other sources. The company has a new contract that states when you leave the co, you can't do this. You can only sell your product back to them or to other consultants. My contract did not say this, however, I did make my required quarterly purchase with the co right around the time the new contract came out. Is this implied consent, or do I have a right to be informed of the changes or does the co have to give us a window of time to decide? I have heard that if you made a purchase in the year 2000 (which I didn't) then you were implied consenting. The new contract states they can recover $$$$ without proving any harm. I have thought about calling them, but I think they will probably just tell me I can't sell the product. Don't I have a right to sell something I paid for and own? When does this type of property become "personal" property? Is their new clause even legal? It doesn't seem like it would be legal for someone to tell you that you can't sell something you own...? I can see copyright infringement, but that's not what the new contract states. Help! Where do I go?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">