• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jet ski rental guy is scam artist how to warn others?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lauradeason

When picking up jetski for three day trip, in the evening the guy said it would be ready at five and it wasn't until six, got it to house a block away and jet ski trailor lights didn't work and was all eroding in back . There was also no registration on it. Called guy who already left shop and told us to go to kragen a couple of blocks away to get a light bulb. This place had been closed down for a long time. Caleed guy back and left a message saying it;s too risky to take on 6 hour trip, and we stored it at our house in back with roomate. Next morning called guy to tell him he needed to come get it, and that we were upset that it wasn't in suitable shape. Got back from trip and guy demanded we pay him 600$ for three day use! The nerve! How can I warn others of this con? Can he treat customers like this? What can I do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Very easy: Contact the better business bureau and let him know you did.

You see, what he did was a breach of contract. He gave you non conforming goods, something you DID NOT BARGAIN FOR. As a result, he had a duty to cure this breach and he did not. You did the right thing by not risking any more injury/liability.

Trust me, when bbb gets involved, it will be taken care of.
www.bbb.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">