• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email List Theives

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Triniti

Dear 'anyone who can help me'

I just started a business in Wisconsin 2 months ago. Myself and my partner spent one month collecting email addresses of people who were interested in joining our mailing list.

This list was forwarded outside of our circle and used by one of our competitors. He then used this info to promote his own company. After some research we sent him a letter saying that what he did violated the Misappropriation of Collection of Information Act.. and that we wanted him to immediately delete the names that he had stolen from his mailings. He did not...

His mailings have gotten more frequent and annoying. We have evidence that he has stolen these names.. he is arguing that he did not steal them and that it would be very possible for us to have some of the same people on our lists. Even some of his friends have begun sending emails to our customers using this stolen information.

We are a new business and all of the money that we have is going into advertising and operations. We realize that this situation is a serious threat to our future. We would like to take some legal recourse ASAP. I don't want to waste any money, so what's my next step from here?

Please HELP!

email me anytime at [email protected]

ALawyer

If you have some unique "seed names" on the list that were not available from any other source you may be able to prove your case. Without that it is very tough, if not impossible, to prove it is your list.

Then you have to prove they stole it. Even tougher.

I doubt the police would be interested. And that means you have to sue them civilly. And for that you would need a lawyer.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">