• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this leagally binding in any way?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DJK0379

Hi,

State: Texas
i co-run shoutclub.com and have this guy that was wanting to advertise on our website. i informed him at the time that we can work something out, quoted some prices to him, he said he would do it. after working with him some more, i find him to be someone i can't work with and said that the deal(which in my mind was never officially made, everything was only talked about in emails)was off. he is now coming at me with threats of lawsuits, but won't say on what grounds yet.
is this something i should be worrying about too much? i'm not interested in makeing money off this site, just a hobby site really.
if you need any more info, let me know. I'll check back here periodically.
*edit*wanted to add that no money has exchanged hands at all.

-daniel
www.shoutclub.com
[email protected]

Last edited:

ALawyer

If there was what a court would find an offer and an acceptance there was a contract, and if an acceptable measure of damages flow from the breach, he could try to sue and collect. An exchange of emails could evidence an agreement. To the extent there was reasonable reliance on the agreement that may be used against you.

In this case my sense is even if there was a sufficiently firm and non-ambiguous exchange to constitute an agreement, damages may be hard for the other side to prove.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">