• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is my responsibility for internet gambling debts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bud in Indy

I am a compulsive gambler who recently ran up considerable charge card expense while betting on off-shore based internet gambling site. AS a citizen of Arkansas, am I reponsible for paying all that debt? If I refuse , what can gambling site do to get money from me?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Does Arkansas allow gambling?

Check with that website to see if it lists states where gambling is illegal. Your state seems to outlaw gambling. So in essence, you can't force this company to pay you if you win and they can't force you to pay if you lose:

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/legis_search//1999/oop/qsumrhit.htw?CiWebHitsFile=/ftproot/acts/1999/htm/act985.pdf&CiRestriction= gambling &CiQueryFile=/iissamples/issamples/query.idq&CiBeginHilite=<B CLASS=HIT>&CiEndHilite=</B>&CiUserParam3=../Act_Text.htm

As to if you did owe the money: they can sue you for it or have a collection agency take over, eventually may have your wages garnished.

D

Dona54

I'm from Arkansas too

I love gambling as much as the next person. There are alot of sites out there that are free to gamble on, also there are some really good CD's you can download. But, in my opinion, if you are giving them your credit card to gamble, they will run the charge and should do so, after all you are over 21 aren't you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">