• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how far til I'm arrested for treson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

feelingcrunchy

i do not agree with the military action the U.S. is taking in Afganistan. It bothers me to live in thi country and I want to show my unpatriotism but my parents told me it is against the law to rip up a flag or disrespect it in any way. Also, I hate being forced to pledge to the flag at school and they always make me stand to honor it. Do I have to? How far can I express how I feel without getting in legal trouble

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

feelingcrunchy said:
i do not agree with the military action the U.S. is taking in Afganistan. It bothers me to live in thi country and I want to show my unpatriotism but my parents told me it is against the law to rip up a flag or disrespect it in any way. Also, I hate being forced to pledge to the flag at school and they always make me stand to honor it. Do I have to? How far can I express how I feel without getting in legal trouble
My response:

Read the United States Supreme Court decision in "Texas vs. Johnson" (1989), and you'll have your answer.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">