• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal name change and marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monmonmgm

i live in texas,i just found out that my husband ran away from home at age 16,i don't think he had his name legally changed,how do i find out if it was and does that make make us legally married?:confused:

stephenk

What does his name have to do with whether you and he are legally married?

Are you saying the name he married you with is not his real name?

Explain.

M

monmonmgm

OK,here is a short version...when we first got married i tried to get a birth certificate on my husband...the information i got from social security did not pan out...date of birth and place of birth was not true...the state which was on the information s.s. sent could not find b.certificate...his driver license has a different birthdate then s.s....he told me the other day that he is not who he has been claiming...he has been going under a different name then his birth name...i don't think that it was legally changed due to the differences in birthdates...if he didn't use his real name when we got married does that make us illegally married???How can i find out if his name was ever legally changed???:( :confused:

G

Grandma B

monmonmgm said:
...if he didn't use his real name when we got married does that make us illegally married???How can i find out if his name was ever legally changed???:( :confused:
1. You are legally married.

2. Why don't you just ask him?

In your shoes, my question would be WHY he started using a new name in the first place. Doesn't sound as though he's been too communicative. For your sake, I hope the real reason is that he ran away at 16.

M

monmonmgm

yes,i did ask him if it was legally changed, he doesn't know but does not think so. could he get in trouble for using an alias name and giving false information to social security and on drivers license?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">