• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Halloween

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

I'm curious as to the thoughts of CP's and NCP's alike as to next Wednesday night.....I am inclined to to take my children trick or treating as normal, my only acknowledgement to the current state of affairs being that I would not go into neighborhoods that I am unfamilar with. My daughter's visitation night with me, (as with a lot of NCP's) would happen to fall on next Wednesday, an opportunity and treat for the two half-sisters who haven't had the opportunity to go trick or treating together. My daughter tonight told me she was afraid because she had watched the news (nine years old by the way) and heard that people might be getting anthrax with their treats....don't know yet what the ex is saying to the kid but I'm sure she's not trying to still the fears but is more likely feeding it. Complicating matters is that the ex and daughter live near Boca Raton....so I am being foolish to try to beat the terrorists at their game and not change my lifestyle?
I've got a feeling the ex is going to deny visitation that night anyway and hope for a sympathetic ear in the courtroom due to the fear factor......Let's hear from everyone with an opinion on this one, I'm keeping an open mind for now......thanks

G

Grandma B

Hi jy, was just thinking and wondering about you the other day.

We owe it to the children to let their lives continue in as normal a fashion as possible. They, of course, need to learn to exercise caution, but the adults around them need to be extremely careful to neither instill nor fuel fear.

Trick or treating at the homes of close neighbors, friends and relatives is fine. In fact, it's a nice diversion for the kids. I've never believed in sending children out on their own to trick or treat in unfamiliar areas, and this year that should not be done under any circumstances.

Good luck in your on-going saga.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">