• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5% owner of S- corp widow calls stock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shaydel

I live in Georgia and have been working for six years for a promotional agency in Georgia in which I accumulated stock as an incentive. The stock was given to me. The majority share holder died in an accident and his widow decides to "call" my stock shortly before selling the company. Are there rules stipulating certain circumstances i.e. recievership etc. or can they just call the stock arbitraily, thus paying me nothing because it was given to me? The shares are valued at about $80,000.

I have been appointed acting president of the company until the sale of the company is final.

The stock agreement is very ambiguos and seems open to anyone's interpretation. Please advise if there are any regulations that govern calling stock.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">