• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dogluvr3

Hey! Maybe someone could help me out, You see my parents are giving me a LOT of CRAP, about a lot of things in life... It's getting very difficult to live at home... is there ANY way to emancipate(divorce) my parents? I live in Ohio, I am 16... Thanks for all the help!
:mad:

K

Kelly143

You would first have to prove to the courts that you can support yourself financially (which very few 16 years olds can do making minimum wage), have a place to live, and a whole bunch of other stipulations. Do a search on this site for your question, it has been answered several times already. I highly doubt you can be emancipated. Just to let you know, we've ALL been 16, and we've all had your same problems. Parents will always do things that we as kids don't like, but just think, someday you can do it to YOUR kids!!! :D Tough it out, it's only a couple more years, and remember, your parents love you!~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">