• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui charge, someone else charged as me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zeesex

approx. 2yrs ago qld police had arrest warrant 4 me 4 fail to appear in court on dui charges.spoke with sgt bain he assured me he would rectify.6 months ago beenleigh police stopped my vechile(truck) rego had lapsed by a couple of weeks(stupid mistake i know)then said had warrant for my arrest.charged and lockedup for weekend as it was sat morn.court following monday made bail.cost heaps.meanwhile my truck is still on highway full of goods which werent delivered.after 3 court cases & thousands of dollars asked for abreif of evidence police could offer none and case was thrown out of court.my question is can i sue the officers who originally made the arrest for negligence? this episode cost not only emotional trauma for me,but my wife, who had just given birth to our first son,our marriage nearly fell apart, my business very near went bust i lost work ongoing work which i wont get back,my truck was grounded it cost me $15,000 in truckhire fees just to stay in business.why did it take the police another 3 court cases before admitting they had no evidence or proof?? (costs to me of up to another $10,000)lost work?? contracts?? (what price do you put on this???) i am still in business god knows how but my business has never recovered and we are still in debt up to the eyeballs for something i didnt do!! innocent till proven guilty? i think not, what happened to law?? our fair justice system sure disapointed me,i used to respect the law but now??well what can i say?? the original arresting officers were definately negligent and failed to do their duty properly when they charged whoever the hell it was for dui. do i deserve fair compensation??i think so,and my wife??my business??? thankyou zee

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zeesex said:
approx. 2yrs ago qld police had arrest warrant 4 me 4 fail to appear in court on dui charges.spoke with sgt bain he assured me he would rectify.6 months ago beenleigh police stopped my vechile(truck) rego had lapsed by a couple of weeks(stupid mistake i know)then said had warrant for my arrest.charged and lockedup for weekend as it was sat morn.court following monday made bail.cost heaps.meanwhile my truck is still on highway full of goods which werent delivered.after 3 court cases & thousands of dollars asked for abreif of evidence police could offer none and case was thrown out of court.my question is can i sue the officers who originally made the arrest for negligence? this episode cost not only emotional trauma for me,but my wife, who had just given birth to our first son,our marriage nearly fell apart, my business very near went bust i lost work ongoing work which i wont get back,my truck was grounded it cost me $15,000 in truckhire fees just to stay in business.why did it take the police another 3 court cases before admitting they had no evidence or proof?? (costs to me of up to another $10,000)lost work?? contracts?? (what price do you put on this???) i am still in business god knows how but my business has never recovered and we are still in debt up to the eyeballs for something i didnt do!! innocent till proven guilty? i think not, what happened to law?? our fair justice system sure disapointed me,i used to respect the law but now??well what can i say?? the original arresting officers were definately negligent and failed to do their duty properly when they charged whoever the hell it was for dui. do i deserve fair compensation??i think so,and my wife??my business??? thankyou zee

**** U.S. LAW ONLY - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.****

JETX

Ah, yes. The old Aussie court system. Puts a whole new meaning to:

"Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred,
tan me hide when I'm dead.
So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde,
And that's it hanging on the shed.
Altogether now!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">