• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a Not-for-Profit Christian Events Promoting Corporation...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MisterBob

I live in Maryland. I want to create a corporation that promotes Christian events such as concerts. I want this to be a ministry/outreach and, therefore, want it to be under not-for-profit status. I want to do this on a full-time basis and have enough proceeds to cover operating costs and a small staff (1-2 people including myself).

Please provide any info about the process.

Here's what I already know:
1. I will incorporate in Delaware (where I work by the way) because it has the most favorable and least expensive process.
2. I will be looking for a grant from a charitable foundation in order to obtain the money to start the corporation.

Thanks for all of your assistance...

Mister Bob

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Will you be working in Maryland, as well? Contact a corporate attorney in each state to ensure all particular tax forms are completed, business licenses/forms are completed and you maintain the not for profit business practice.

Try attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">