• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlc

My friend was found quilty for intent to do great bodily harm (the victim entered onto my friends property and proceeded to steal very expensive trees that were planted in the ground. My friend did not leave his house ... but did hang out a kitchen window with a gun (the gun was not pointed at the victim) -- the only witness is the victim and the defendant. The victim pivoted around and my friend tried to get back into the kitchen because he did not know if the victim had a weapon...the gun went off and accidently nicked him in the side. My friend had called 911 -- he was arrested with intent to murder. He was found quilty of intent bodily harm. When sentenced the jury wrote and said that the victim is at fault also. Is this "beyond reasonable doubt" When the jury got instructions they were as follows:
Intent to Murder Quilty Not Quilty
Intent Bodily Quilty
Felonious Assault Quilty
Should there not have been Not quilty listed with all of this? Also, he hired a lawyer and spent thousands of dollars for his case. He saw the lawyer approx 15-30 minutes before trial. Is this ineffective assistance of counsel? His case is in appeal stage. Case in Michigan
Someone please advise?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">