• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gift vs lent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toni61

My name is Antoinette, my ex had purchased a car for my daughter when she graduated from high school because He had told her if she got all A's he would buy her a new car, she got all
all A's and bought her a car in 1998. They haven't been getting
along due to his new relationship and took the car from her, stating he lent her the car. We have pictures from the dealers and statements made from the dealers stating it was a gift for good grades. Since he left his name on the registration, do we have a case to get the car back.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

toni61 said:
My name is Antoinette, my ex had purchased a car for my daughter when she graduated from high school because He had told her if she got all A's he would buy her a new car, she got all
all A's and bought her a car in 1998. They haven't been getting
along due to his new relationship and took the car from her, stating he lent her the car. We have pictures from the dealers and statements made from the dealers stating it was a gift for good grades. Since he left his name on the registration, do we have a case to get the car back.
My response:

Yes.

The question remains, however, how much are you and your daughter willing to spend on litigation to prove your point ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">