• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepfather Stalker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angela

I really need advice. I think I am being stalked by my Stepfather, but I only have a little bit of proof (tampering with my mail, and "hang-up" phone calls). I am becoming more a more terrified of leaving my house. What should I do?

B

BB

What makes you think you are being "stalked" by your step-father? Are you a minor? Do you live in his house? Did you share your fear with your mother? Is there anyone else you can share this with? Is he abusive / molester? Could it be imagined? Does he have a "record"? Talk to someone in your community. Now.

A

Angela

My stepfather has called me on my cell quite a few times, the only reason I knew it was him was because I forwarded my cell to my home number, which has caller ID. He also, because I moved out because of his abuse, wrote on my mail things like "It moved to" "Ding Dong the ----- has moved" "It moved to hell or" and the my new address. I told my Mom abot this, and I really don't know if she said anything to him because she still loves him and wants to be with him. If it helps information wise, he was just in court the other day for assault on my mother. Once again, my Mom has chosen to keep me out in the dark for what happened. I don't know if he is in jail again, or still driving cab. I don't know what to do. I recieved more tampered mail today. This also makes me look bad with the cruel things he wrote on my mail.

B

BB

Go to a local agency that deals with abuse and domestic violence. for their suggestions as they know the local ropes. This guy sounds nuts. Maybe you could ask for a restraining order against him. Or you can go to a lawyer and have the lawyer write a letter to tell him to stop, he's committing libel, and maybe scare him. It sounds more serious than you first let on. Also, if you have a cell phone it may show the incoming number. If so, don't answer his calls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">