• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being assaulted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wondering

my son was beaten up rather badly outside a bar.he was too drunk to remember anything that happened.the person who hit him admits doing it,but saya my son hit him first.a witness who refuses to give a written statement says tha attack on my son was unprovoked.my question is-my son was badly beaten,the other guy doesnt have a mark on him.does it matter who really started it.the guy who beat my son up is presently on probation for assaulting someone outside the same bar.

B

BB

The issue is does your son want to report it to the police and try to start a prosecution of the guy, and if so, would the police be interested given the difficulty of getting proof. That may depend on the other guy's record and how much they want to put him away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">