• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st degree armed robbery & weapons enhancement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Help!

My brother was recently charged with 1st degree armed robbery with weapons enhancement along with 5 others. They all were offered the same deal and the others took it. My brother has till Tues. to accept 20 mo. in prison and a class A felony(plus some work release) or await a jury trial with the original charges. His pub. def. thinks he should take it. I don't agree. If he's truly innocent, (which even the detective thinks so now but is on vacation till Tues.) shouldn't he risk the jury trial? What are his odds? He has nothing on his record and much evidence on his side. There are 5 witnesses against him but he was forced to do this with threats against his life. We can't afford $10k for an att.(he can't afford 12 years either)and he has no idea what to do. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. There are MANY more details of course but that's the jist of it. Also, we are in Washington State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">