• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mou

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

warren2

Hi
I'm drawing up an MOU with a Company i'll be working with very soon i have already drawn it up and the other party is in agreement with it...but what i would like to know is how do i protect my self working with a Company that is overseas we're dealing in Import/Export of Bulk Rice is there something i need to do to protect myself if something goes wrong with non-payment of monies?

This is what i've written up to them have i missed anything? Thanks in Advance

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING

(1) To provide names, addresses, emails, faxes & phone numbers of possible Clients through-out the United States of America and All of North America
(2) That the furnishing of such names, addresses, emails, faxes & phone numbers is for the sole purpose of business in an attempt to aquire Clients
(3) That Each Party to be Solely Responsible for his or her obligations when conducting business individually
(4) That in exchange for the service provided by Don Warren Benjamin to be furnished with a resonable payment(amt to be negociated) per thousand kg bulk of Exported Goods to the United States of America and All of North America
(5) To Furnish Don Warren Benjamin with Quarterly Export Documents of Company's Operations in the United States of America and All of North America
(6) Agreement applicable Only if contacts agrees to do business
(7) This agreement is Revelant Only to contacts provided

:confused:

ALawyer

I didn't read it and would NEVER answer this without a retainer. A letter of credit could protect you. A surety bond could protect you A contract is usually worth the paper it is printed on if the other is dishonest or becomes insolvent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">