• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights of a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sam22

In may of this year my mother in colorado put me on a plane to alaska to get me out of her way. i'm currently staying with her first husband. she doesn't want to have any responsibility over me so has given me the choice to either marry my fiance (we'd planned to wait until 2002) or have her first husband adopt me. that's just silly since i'm 16 and perfectly capable of caring for myself. i have family up here that she doesnt approve of that are helping me with everything i need help with. the two keys to this are that i get social security till im 18 so i dont want to marry yet or it'll cease. Also, she wont allow me to leave her first husbands house until i get married. what could she do legally if i were to more in with my aunt? or even my grandmother. im currently finishing school and hopefully will be starting college next year. emancipation was a consideration but not a possibility because the court system is backed up just about till im 18. if she reported me as a runaway and i was at my grandmother's could she force me to go back to her first husbands house? are there any options i havent considered? I'd appreciate any help that anyone could provide.
thank you for your time,
sam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">