• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breech of Promise???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confusedinVA

5 years ago I got engaged to a man in VA and moved here from another state to live with him giving up a secure job and selling my home. Now he has decided he doesn't want to committ, and wants me to leave, no aggreements were made prior to me moving in with him. Do I have any rights on this issue..

JETX

You have the right to kick him in the 'cajones' on your way out the door.

But since you say that there were no promises or agreements made, I can't imagine what inherent 'rights' you might have solely due to co-habitation, except maybe 'palimony'.

C

confusedinVA

Pailmony

The only promise that was made was of marriage, and that was verbal, the only proof of this is half the town, a one carat diamond and a signed reciept..the fact that I was told by him that I didn't have to work if i didn't want to, doesn't help me now because 5 years and no work hasn't helped me save anything, for this very rainy day. ( Foolish on my part)
But he has gained alot because I redecorated his house, was the role of wife, nursed him when he was ill. and beautifully landscaped his yard, entertained his friends. Ladies protect your selves.....Confused in Virginia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">