• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intellectual Property Violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kingsfan

I have a web site that features my own personal collection of illegal copies of toys. I received an email from an attorney representing one of the toy manufacturers. In the letter, they expressed that I am selling these toys. Nowhere on my site do I state that the toys are for sale. As a matter of fact, they are not.
The letter I received leads me to believe that I am to quit offering the toys for sale. I am not sure if the attorney expects me to remove the pictures of the toys.
I just placed a disclaimer stating that the toys are part of my own collection and not for sale. I also stated that I do not condone the maunufacture, distribution or sale of these types of toys.
My question is, would I still have to remove the pictures of the toys? The toys belong to me. I own them. They are not for sale. Do I have any leg to stand on?
Thanks!
Here is the web site url: http://www.bootlegactionfigures.com

T

Tyrone

It can cost time and money to find out as the law is unclear. There may be patents on the design of the real things, etc. What's the big deal? It sure might look as if they are for sale. But you'd probably be able to wait a bit longer and see what happens. But don't spend lots of time and money to find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">