• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cybersex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bummed

Recently, I got involved in an inappropriate realationship, thru the internet ONLY, with a 16 year old girl. I am over the age of 21. Previous to our getting involved on an emotional basis, we were friends that met,and were both involved with an online organization. It stayed this way for about 2 months, until she started saying more and more to me...I let my guard down, she initiated a cybersex situation, and i went along with it. This happened a few times over the course of the next couple months. Never did I try to arrange a meeting with her (she lives like 600 miles away in another state), however she did get my phone number and called me at home and at work a few times, although I never called her. Now, her mother has discovered some of the messages we have sent back and forth, and my phone number appearing on thier phone bill, and she has said that she is turning these messages over to the police and that she will press charges on me. I'm wondering what charges it is she is talking about, and how should I exactly handle this situation. By the way, I have heard nothing from the police yet, and have changed my phone number, so that she cannot call me anymore.

H

Henry T

Get yourself to a criminal defense lawyer for specific advice, even if it is only to say nothing if questioned by the police.

As for possible charges,if there was no sexual contact, then there could not be a staturory rape charge. but there could be a lot of other things, and what depends both on some federal laws and the specific state laws of two states. They may inlude corrupting the morals of the minor. There was a case of a Seattle based Senior Imnternet Executive that was busted by the FBI recently what he travelled to meet what he thought was a minor in California (who was an undercover FBI agent).

The media are very hot on this topic so the danger may come from the fact of an investigation, not only a conviction. Be preared to pay $1,000 or more for good advice -- it can save you years in jail and being tagged forever as a sexual predator. And stay off the Internet message boards.

A

A ReAl MaN

Like hey, ever hear of Rosie Palm & her five sisters? May be boring, but it keeps the money for a lawyer in your pocket and keeps you out of jail!

adameveparis

Help Needed

I am a resident of Ohio. I am facing charges of online solicitation and importuning. Will you please direct me to someone who can help me online in this matter? Which is the best forum for this? Thanks.
Adam

AHA

adameveparis said:
I am a resident of Ohio. I am facing charges of online solicitation and importuning. Will you please direct me to someone who can help me online in this matter? Which is the best forum for this? Thanks.
Adam
You need to start your own thread instead of opening up a 7 year old one that belongs to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">