• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused of child molestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mulder

An ex girlfriend who is mad at the end of our relationship, threatened to report falsely that I molested her daughter to "get back at me" for leaving her.
What can I do to protect myself? Should I get a lawyer, what rights to do I have, what kind of action will the police take off the report in determining it's truth?
Signed,
confused and bewildered

H

Hairball

Get a lawyer AND a counselor. You might need both. Although I think she was making threats out of anger, you can never be sure. Unfortunately sexual offenses such as molestation are very difficult to prove- did it or did it NOT happen? And there are way too many "social workers" out there that will manipulate the system regardless of what really happened.

Shay-Pari'e

brenda tennery said:
Texas Sex Crime. We trusted the attorney, did not know what else to do, was terrified into thinking a "guilty plea" was actually the "way out" now sentenced to 10 years for a probation violation. Please, we know the odds but what options do we have? There was no physical evidence origionally, hind sight is so much clearer.
Did you not see that this post is SIX years old? Also, I am weary of asking what the he$$ you are talking about.

S

seniorjudge

--PARIDISE-- said:
Did you not see that this post is SIX years old? Also, I am weary of asking what the he$$ you are talking about.

...was terrified into thinking a "guilty plea" was actually the "way out" now sentenced to 10 years for a probation violation...

Sounds like the guilty plea WAS the way out!

brenda tennery

Ok look, I'm exhausted and have never navigated any forum before. So when you are done laughing will you bring me up to date please, if you can. I know six years from now people will still be falsely accused of crimes they did not commit.
I reside in Texas if anyone can help and just wanted a little guidance on how to proceed. I probably do sound like an idiot but I'm doing my best to learn all I can if there is the slightest chance I can help my brother.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">